tipS & PRePARATION
our advice for a successful trip
clothes & EQUIPMENT
- Have suitable equipment: ski jacket and trousers, warm hat, waterproof gloves or mittens, goggles or glasses, suncream and tissues.
- If you have any doubt regarding the choice of skis or snowboard, let the hire shop know what you are intending to do when you hire your equipment. You can also contact esf if you have any further questions.
- Helmets are not compulsory but strongly advised.
- For snowshoeing and cross-country skiing excursions, remember the 3 layer-rule: a breathable under-layer, a fleece jacket and a windbreaker, for example. Between activity and pauses the temperature changes are rapid!
- If you book online or over the phone, you will receive your lesson card or booking by e-mail. It is best to print this out and keep it on you at all times/ leave it in your child's pocket.
- In absence of the lesson card, make sure you or your child has a contact name and mobile phone number in your/their pocket in case the instructor needs to contact someone.
ORGANISATION of lessons
- Respect the instructor and other participants by being punctual for lessons.
- 5 or 6 day courses are on consecutive days.
- Bad weather conditions, ski lift breakdowns or other accidents are not attributable to esf. If lesson times are reduced to reasons beyond our control, no refund will be made.