a QUESTION ? the answer is probably here!
frequently asked questions
when and how do i book?
Our booking system opens at the start of September for the following winter.
We recommend that you book your lessons in advance; at least 15 days before your arrival and mid-January at the latest for the February half term holidays.
- on this website with full and secure bank card payment (click on the shopping trolleys under the prices in each product block)
- by post after downloading and printed a booking form and sending with a €uro cheque, "chèques vacances" or "coupons sport"
- by telephone (contact us), paying the full amount by bank card, outside of busy periods.
Once a booking has been made and fully paid for, you will receive an email that needs to be printed out to show to the instructors on the first day. You then do not need to come by the office before the start of the lessons (unless you have booked ski passes or the day care centre).
which meeting point should i choose?
There are 4 lesson meeting points in Val Cenis. As a general rule, there is always one walking distance from wherever you are staying in the resort. To choose the right meeting point, please check the map at the very top of any page (the dark blue section).
- If your apartment is located in the village of Val Cenis-Lanslebourg, (MMV, Les Valmonts, CIS, Hotel Saint Charles, ... near the RAMASSE chairlift, you should choose the LANSLEBOURG meeting point.
- If your apartment is located between the villages of Lanslebourg and Lanslevillard (Les Alpages, Le Critérium, les Chalets de Flambeau, ... near the PRE NOVEL chairlift, you should choose the PLAN DES CHAMPS meeting point.
- If your apartment is located in the village of Val Cenis-Lanslevillard (near the COLOMBA chairlift), you should choose the LANSLEVILLARD meeting point.
- If your apartment is located at the top of Lanslevillard (VVF, Les Balcons, Vacanciel, ... near the Val Cenis le Haut gondola lift to the far left of the ski map, you should choose the meeting point VAL CENIS LE HAUT.
PLEASE NOTE!! Building up to the February half term holidays, certain groups at certain meeting points can fill up, and you will no longer be able to choose the correct meeting point online. It is best to phone us on +334 79 05 92 43 to check the availability before booking the wrong meeting point and having to take the (free) bus or your car to get to the lessons.
do i need to buy a ski pass?
A lift pass is necessary for children and adults, and not included in the lesson prices. For children under 5, the ski pass is free but must be collected from the ski pass desks in the resort upon presentation of proof of age.
My child is not yet 3 years old... can he participate in the piou piou club?
The PIOU PIOU club is aimed at children who have already turned 3 years old. If your child will be 3 in the 2 weeks or 1 month maximum after your holiday, they are already out of nappies and are used to being in a group situation, we suggest you buy a taster session for the Sunday (this can only be booked over the phone). If all goes well, you just need to go to the esf office to prolong the week.
For younger children, our day care centre is available!
what language are the lessons taught in?
100% of our instructors are French. Around 76 of them can teach in English, some in Italian and a very small minority speak a little Dutch. We ask you to choose the language when booking group lessons online so that we can try our best to allocate an instructor who speaks your language. Please bear in mind that we cannot meet everybody's demands for group lessons. However, children learn well by copying what the instructors are doing so the language barrier is rarely a problem. For private lessons, you can request the language spoken.
is the equipment provided?
No, equipment is not included in our offer. Children and adults must come to the lessons with their own equipment (skis, shoes and helmet). No poles until the 1st (or 2nd depending on the instructor) star level. Please contact sport shops in the resort to enquire about ski hire.
is insurance included?
Students are not insured by esf. Unless you buy an all-inclusive offer which specifically includes the Carré Neige insurance, we advise that you consider taking Carré Neige insurance. This can be bought at the ski lift pass offices, or at the esf office if you are taking part in a 6 day group lesson for 3 €/ day.
what if i cannot find any available lessons?
Contact esf Val Cenis quickly so we can help you find what you are looking for.
Do i need to book the maison des enfants in advance?
Yes it is strongly advised, especially during school holidays but also in term time as there are often lots of pre-school children. For 6 day products you can book on this website. If however there is still space, you can book the day beforehand, at the esf offices.